Ye has been confirmed as the sole headliner for all three nights of Wireless Festival 2026 at London’s Finsbury Park, marking his first UK performance in 11 years. The announcement, made on 30 March, has since triggered the withdrawal of major sponsors, condemnation from the UK Prime Minister and a statement from the London Mayor’s office.
The booking is the biggest in Wireless history by any reasonable measure, and the most controversial. British Prime Minister Keir Starmer was among those expressing distaste for the headliner selection.
“It is deeply concerning Kanye West has been booked to perform at Wireless despite his previous antisemitic remarks and celebration of Nazism,” he told The Sun on Sunday.
“Antisemitism in any form is abhorrent and must be confronted firmly wherever it appears.”
What is actually happening at Wireless
West will headline all three back-to-back nights of the weekend in July, following the template set last year by Drake.
Billed as “a three-night journey through Ye’s most iconic records”, the residency promises to span everything from 2004’s The College Dropout through to this year’s Bully, representing 22 years of a musical legacy that redefined hip-hop.
The shows will mark Ye’s first UK performances in 11 years, following his controversial Glastonbury headline slot in 2015.
He last headlined Wireless in 2014. Tickets go on general sale on 8 April, with day passes priced at £140.50 and a full weekend ticket at £360.50.
Why the controversy is escalating fast
The backlash is not new, but the corporate fallout has been swift and significant. Pepsi, the festival’s primary sponsor for over a decade, announced it was withdrawing from its co-branding with Wireless.
Although the statement did not mention the rapper by name, it came hours after Ye’s booking was roundly condemned by the UK’s Prime Minister. Diageo has since followed Pepsi in dropping out.
The Jewish Leadership Council described the booking as “deeply irresponsible,” saying in a statement:
“West has repeatedly used his platform to spread antisemitism and pro-Nazi messaging. Any venue or festival should reconsider before providing their platform to Kanye West.”
London Mayor Sadiq Khan’s office also addressed the booking directly. “We are clear that the past comments and actions of this artist are offensive and wrong, and are simply not reflective of London’s values,” a spokesperson said, clarifying that City Hall was not involved in the decision.
What Ye has said about his past behaviour
Earlier this year, Ye took out a full-page advertisement in the Wall Street Journal to apologise for his behaviour, writing: “I am not a Nazi or an antisemite. I love Jewish people.”
He attributed his past conduct to his bipolar type-1 disorder, describing the disconnected moments that led to poor judgment as often feeling “like an out-of-body experience”.
He stated he was “committed to accountability, treatment, and meaningful change.”
He later insisted the apology was not linked to a career revival, telling Vanity Fair that the remorse was genuine and had been weighing heavily on him.
Where the Bully album fits in
The Wireless announcement came days after Ye released his 12th studio album Bully on 28 March, his first solo effort since 2022’s Donda 2.
The album’s release and the Wireless booking together signal what appears to be a deliberate, coordinated return to the global stage following years of self-inflicted damage to his public standing.
Ye also played two nights at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles in early April, joined by guest stars including Lauryn Hill, Travis Scott and Don Toliver, performing from atop a giant half-globe in the middle of the arena.
The shows were broadly received as a reminder of his live spectacle credentials.
What this means for Wireless
Wireless organisers have not responded publicly to the sponsor withdrawals or political pressure. Other festival partners including PayPal, Budweiser and Rockstar Energy Drink remain listed on the festival website at the time of publishing, though each faces mounting scrutiny over whether they will maintain their association.
For South African fans, the Wireless residency represents the clearest window yet into where Ye’s comeback tour is heading. No Kanye West South African dates have been announced at this stage.







